Job Title: Director of Preschool
Department: Language Center
Reports To: VP Education
Designation: Exempt full-time
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) is the leading French language and cultural center in the U.S. Since 1898, FIAF has been dedicated to creating and offering New Yorkers innovative and unique programs in education and the arts, all exploring the evolving diversity and richness of French cultures.
The FIAF Language Center is the largest language school dedicated to teaching the French language in the tri-state area. With more than 7,000 registrations annually, we offer French in two convenient locations: Manhattan’s Upper East Side and Montclair, NJ.
Since 2012, the FIAF Preschool has been offering a French immersion program for toddlers ages 2½ to 4.
Position Summary: The director of Preschool, a full-time position, oversees the development and day to day operations of the FIAF preschool.
The Director is committed to the highest level of customer service and strives to foster excellent public relations as a key motivation. The Director is under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Education of FIAF, and works with the other FIAF departments to ensure a coordinated and unified service.
- The Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the preschool: follow-up at the administrative and pedagogical levels, budgeting and billing, reports and development of customized programs.
- The Director is responsible for the yearly admissions process and development of the preschool client base: meeting and recruiting prospective families for our 2 classes
- The Director is responsible for the development of new products and services in response to evolving needs and ensures long-term planning of the service.
- The Director is responsible for staying up-to-date with DOH and DOE requirements for our permitted program, under article 47. Our permit is to be renewed every 2 years, with unscheduled inspections by DOH several times a year.
Additional Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Organize teacher training sessions
- Evaluate and improve teacher performance through classroom observations and coaching
- Stay current with the official French curricula for preschool’s instructions as well as teaching French as a foreign language (official curriculum of the French Ministry of Education and European Framework)
- Substitute for a teacher in case of absence
- Organize weekly meetings with the preschool staff
- Fine-tune the preschool’s curriculum and evaluations
- Promote our preschool at school fairs
Teachers Management/Human Resources
- Manage a team of about 4 full-time teachers and 1-2 floaters
- Advise teachers on pedagogy and available pedagogical resources
- Identify the training needs of the pedagogical team
- Recruit, train, and assist new preschool teachers
- Recruit new students/families and organize observation days for the preschool
- Communicate with parents via email on a regular basis
- Create the school year calendar
- Make sure that the preschool is in compliance with the Department of health rules and regulations
- Communicate program content and updates to parents and answer inquiries
- Meet with parents regularly to ensure their satisfaction and re-enrollment
- Seek out prospective families and ensure enrollment (fairs, open houses… etc)
- Foster a positive relationship between students, parents and instructors
- Stay current with the class offerings of our competitors for early childhood education, immersion programs as well as with their marketing strategies (web content, etc) in order to establish FIAF Preschool as a leader in the field
- Collaborate with FIAF sponsors (youth programs)
- Native French-speaker or equivalent proficiency and fully bilingual
- Master 1 or 2 minimum in the field of Early Childhood Education or related field
- A minimum of two years’ experience managing the operations of a preschool or early childhood program a plus
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written (both in French and English)
- Must be knowledgeable on pedagogy as it relates to French language instruction for children 2-5 years old
- Must demonstrate a strong capacity to work in a team environment
- Must be able to adapt to multiple and shifting priorities, be meticulous, thorough and detail- oriented, and be able to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
The candidate must be authorized to work in the US for any employer. No visa sponsorship.
- Ville: New York
- Publié le : 2 septembre 2020 17 h 17 min
- Expire : 3 Jours, 4 heures
148 vues au total, 2 vues aujourd'hui