Job Title: Youth Programs Coordinator
Department: Language Center
Reports To: Vice President of Education
Designation: Exempt full-time
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) is the leading French language and cultural center in the U.S. Since 1898, FIAF has been dedicated to creating and offering New Yorkers innovative and unique programs in education and the arts, all exploring the evolving diversity and richness of French cultures.
The FIAF Language Center is the largest language school dedicated to teaching the French language in the tri-state area. With more than 6,000 registrations annually, we offer French in two convenient locations: Manhattan’s Upper East Side and Montclair, NJ.
In conjunction with its adult French language learning program, FIAF offers French language learning programs for toddlers (ages 1-4), kids (5-10) and teens (11-17) from beginner to advanced levels, including French for native-speakers.
Our program offers a high level of language instruction through curricula that are specially designed to meet children’s pedagogical needs at every stage of their development. All our classes provide an integrated approach to French language and culture.
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Education, the Youth Programs Coordinator organizes, develops and implements all the Language Center youth programs.
- Develop and enrich the youth programs class offerings, based on clients survey and competition
- Organize and lead teacher training sessions
- Evaluate and improve teacher performance through classroom observations and coaching
- Stay current with the latest methodology, pedagogical resources and technology for the teaching of French as a foreign language to a young audience
- Stay current with the official French curricula for primary school instructions as well as teaching French as a foreign language (official curriculum of the French Ministry of Education and European Framework)
- Substitute for a teacher classes and conduct placement test occasionally
- Administrative tasks
- Schedule classes at the beginning of each session
- Assign classes to teachers
- Oversee enrollment in youth programs classes/workshops
- Assist with the registration/transfer process at the start of each session
- Ensure that classes run smoothly (supply orders, snacks etc)
- Hire and train new interns (responsibility assignments)
- Recruit new students/families at fairs
- Communicate with parents via email on a regular basis
- Teachers Management/Human Resources
- Manage a team of about 30 part-time teachers in the youth programs
- Advise teachers on pedagogy and available pedagogical resources
- Identify the training needs of the pedagogical team
- Recruit, train, and assist new instructors
- Business Development
- Communicate program content and updates to parents and answer inquiries
- Meet with parents regularly to ensure their satisfaction and re-enrollment
- Seek out prospective clients and ensure enrollment (fairs, open houses… etc)
- Foster a positive relationship between students, parents and instructors
- Stay current with the class offerings of our competitors for young French learners as well as with their marketing strategies (web content, etc) in order to establish FIAF as a leader in the field
- Participate in the elaboration and implementation of FIAF cultural programs for kids
- Collaborate with FIAF sponsors (kids programs)
- Nurture partnerships with youth literature and FLE publishers
- Native French-speaker or equivalent proficiency
- Master 1 or 2 minimum in the field of teaching French as a foreign language or DAEFLE (diplôme d’aptitude à l’enseignement du français langue étrangère)
- An official teaching diploma (professeur des écoles for instance)
- A minimum of two years’ experience in teaching French as a foreign language to a young audience
- Have good knowledge and understanding of the CEFRL (Common European Framework of Reference for the teaching of Foreign Languages) and the Ministry of Education curriculum for preschool
- Must be knowledgeable on pedagogy as it relates to French language instruction for children 1 to 17 years old
- Must be knowledgeable with technologies applied to the teaching of foreign languages
- Must be knowledgeable with Smart Board technology
- Must demonstrate a strong capacity to work in a team environment
- Must be able to adapt to multiple and shifting priorities, be meticulous, thorough and detail- oriented, and be able to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
How to apply
- The candidate must have a valid US working permit.
- Resume and cover letter in French or English must be sent by email to Edith Boncompain, Vice President of Education firstname.lastname@example.org by July 10, 2020; two references are also required.
- Ville: New York
- Publié le : 15 juin 2020 20 h 03 min
- Expire : 13 Jours, 11 heures
116 vues au total, 25 vues aujourd'hui